Never before has the interconnected nature of our global society been so evident. Following the example of our founder, Benjamin Franklin, Penn is focused on deepening its commitment to connecting knowledge across cultures, disciplines, and borders.
With 5,000 international students, 2,000 students studying abroad each year, and 1,000 faculty conducting research and teaching around the world, Penn is more global than it has ever been. With this global profile comes responsibility and opportunity to take our strategic vision further, and to continue to expand opportunities for international learning, research, and engagement.
Through The Power of Penn Campaign, Penn will deepen its commitment to:
Educating Global Citizens
- By delivering a diverse slate of global programs through semester- and year-long study abroad opportunities, a wide range of Penn Global Seminars, and an expanded Global Internship Program; and
- By expanding the range of global curricular and extracurricular programs through Perry World House initiatives, travel components for globally oriented majors and minors, and cultural competency development though humanities and language programs.
Catalyzing Transformative Ideas by Convening Global Experts
- By convening Penn experts and their international colleagues to develop innovative, well-vetted proposals on policy challenges with global impact;
- By augmenting Penn institutions that engage global thought leaders—such as the Perry World House and the Penn Biden Center; and
- By providing for School-based, faculty-led research initiatives around the globe with a focus on China, India, Latin America, and Africa.
Bringing the World to Penn and Penn to the World
- By establishing comprehensive activities for international student integration and raising additional funds for international student aid; and
- By creating a “one-stop” Global Service Center to facilitate immigration, risk management, travel, educational program development, and global support.
In strengthening current global initiatives and advancing new global programs, Penn will provide transformative opportunities for students, expand horizons for faculty research, and increase the University’s influence and positive impact around the world.